There is a clear difference between the usage of lawn mowers on hilly or flat lawns, which also depends on the size of your lawn, and how frequent you mow it. Sloppy or uneven lawns are somehow challenging to mow. But all this will become easier if you choose the best suitable garden mower with respect to your lawn requirements. Right into this article, we all are going to put together some basic information that you must need to know to select the excellent and best mowers for hillsides in 2020.
We will guide you about the main elements to pay attention to, the different kinds of garden mowers and, all of the important comparable points that will help you before making any decision to buy a mower for your garden or hillsides.
What Mower Does Best on Hillsides?
If you want to have a lovely yard outside your home, make sure that you have the right lawn mower that will provide you the excellent cutting quality, you also have to make sure that the mower you are using is chopping your grass neatly, If you have a giant sloppy yard, then its a sensible decision to go for an electric-powered, riding model lawn mower.
In the lawn mower industry, there are a lot of elements that have modified with time. We have jotted down a list of different ranges of tremendous lawn-mowers that are specially designed for hillsides. When buying a mower, pick out one that has the first-rate elements that will make your job easier. In different words, there are various kinds of mowers that provide different patterns to your lawn. Now, it’s up to you, if you choose the perfect mower according to your lawn, then it will not only save your money but can also assist you to mow down the whole garden in your backyard in the shortest possible time with very less effort.
|Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1||Powerful Suspensions|
50 Inch fabricated deck
726 CC OHV Engine
|Troy Bilt Neighborhood Rider||Easy Storage|
382 CC Auto choke OHV Engine
|Greenworks PRO||warranty for five years|
Adjust deck height
56-volts lithium battery
|Troy Bilt 540cc||Powerfull advanced engine|
Efficient 46-In Cutting deck
A 2-year of warranty
|Greenworks 16In 40V||Comes with a safety lever|
Makes no noise
Six Inch Rear Wheels
|Greenworks PRO||mulching, bag or side discharge|
Smart-cut technology system
Versatile battery use
Perfect for mid-sized lawns
|Troy Bilt XP 21in||Six adjustable cutting heights|
Three Year Warranty
Powerful 160 CC Engine
|WORX WG779 40V||Perfect for lawns of 1-acre|
Tough and long-lasting deck
|Snapper XD 21-In||3-in-1 system|
Seven height adjustments
1.7 bushels of grass bag
9 best mowers for hillsides:
Are you interested to know about the best lawn mowers for hillsides? If yes, then this is the right place for you to get the required information and pick your favorite mower in your budget right now! Here we have compiled a list of top, reliable, and best mowers for hillsides for you. We have even highlighted the features with it along with the pros and cons to give you a better idea. To make a better decision and to prevent regretting later, you have to read all the pros and cons and the other guidelines very carefully to come up with a final decision to buy a mower for your lawn
This mower is not something that you call a typical zero turn mower. You’re currently looking at the ultimate zero-turn lawn mower by Cub Cadet. This huge cutting-edge machine is built with tubular steel frames and comes with a foundation design to improve your cutting strength so that you can get your job done faster and spend more time on your lawn with your family.
The weight of this mower is around 870 pounds, and it comes with a lot of features, that’s why this is one of the top choices for the perfect Riding Lawn Mower for the Hills.
- Its Premium 23 Horse Power, 726 CC powerful OHV gasoline-powered engine can produce energy to cut your toughest of the grass without making much human effort.
- It has been attached with the 50″ detachable fabricated deck, which is designed with an AeroForce cutting system that delivers the best grass cutting experience with finest clippings, lesser clumps, and perfectly chopped grass to make your lawn look beautiful.
- This giant machine comes with a 14-inch turning radius that takes very fewer efforts to maneuver around sharp turns.
- The towing potential of this mower is 550 lbs, and it’s an ideal machine to mow your hilly yards of size up to 4-acres.
- You get the option to attach premium accessories which including mulching kits, side discharge chute, grass bags, carts, and many other accessories that are sold separately
- Moreover, it is geared up with the front off-road shocks and powerful suspension.
Although there are a number of complaints involving the different features of this mower. But, with modern compact based technology, in this minimal price range, this hill mower can be known as one of the best lawn mowers for your hillsides.
This 30-inch riding mower by Troy-Bilt is best for those lawn owners who have a medium-sized, and flat terrains. The weight of this mower is 340 pounds, and its compact size makes it possible to store it in your garage easily.
- This tractor is powered with a 382 CC auto-choke OHV engine that gives you the powerful strength and runs at 4.25 MPH.
- It has a 30-Inch cutting deck with sharp blades that helps you to chop off the grass within a larger area.
- It comes with a 1.3-gallon gas tank that has a fixed fuel-indicator which helps you to check the fuel-levels.
- These mowers give you the option of five different height-adjustments of its sharp blade with just a single electric button, which makes it easy to adjust the blade with less effort.
- You don’t have to worry if you have a large yard, because, with this mower, you get a comfortable seat which makes it easy for you to mow your lawn for a longer time.
- If we compare. This mower comes with long-lasting wheels with a strong grip on the terrain.
It’s easy to store, and its compact design and small size make it convenient to store it inside a garage easily.
This 382 CC 30-Inch mower could be your amazing bet to mow hillsides that are medium in size. And if we talk about the issues related to warranty, you can clearly discuss it further with the distributor before making a purchase.
This 21-Inch Walk-Behind Self-Propelled lawn mower comes with the industry’s most advanced and latest technology, based on durability, power, and performance. It has a 56 Volt lithium-ion battery, and the mower weighs around 580 pounds.
- This cordless mower gives you effective performance, and a hydrostatic transmission for smooth, and easy usage.
- This mower has a 16-inch turning radius and a 21-inch cutting deck that makes the mower extra maneuverable and gets the job done fast.
- Its compact design helps you to fold it and store it anywhere in your garage, It’s easy to store even inside your house.
- It gives you the grass cutting experience that is consistent, clean-cut, and regardless of whether or not the grass clippings are long, wet, dry, or dense.
Overall, this mower is perfect if you got a big yard, from its compact design, and six different height options to its fast charging and long-lasting battery, it has all the features that you should be looking for in a lawnmower.
This Troy-Bilt auto-riding tractor weighs around 520 pounds and features a powerful 540 CC Briggs & Stratton Intek engine to give you the best mowing experience. With its durable tires. and comfortable sitting, you can mow your big yard easily.
- The huge machine is geared up with a 46-inch side discharge mowing deck which gives you enough width to mow faster.
- It accompanies mower-in-reverse capabilities, that additionally helps in decreasing down the cutting time.
The main, and one of the very important factor about this riding mower is about its repairing troubles that you can get when needed. Hence, the equipment works very well and gives you good results. But there aren’t many customers of this mower out there due to the uncertainty of the availability of spare parts and customer care centers.
Next in our list, we have this 16-Inch 40-Volt cordless lawn mower by Greenworks that provides, 12-amp electric power. It accompanies and durable 16-inch metal deck and a push-button start. This is best for cutting grass on all types of terrain and tackling all thick grass.
- It features two-in-one cutting options which include mulching, and rear bagging, with the preference of five different cutting height options that you can change anytime according to the length of your grass with a single-handled lever.
- This mower is easy to store and you can fold its handle easily, and store it in your house.
- It is light-weight that makes it possible for you to mow it on hilly lawns, and gives you a splendid maneuverability, control, and strong grip.
This is the powerful, cordless lawn mower, packed with remarkable features, perfect for mid-sized lawns or hilly lawns, and comes at an affordable price. Highly recommended!
Another best lawn mower by Greenworks that gives you the freedom from tangled cords, or gas tune-ups. This cordless mower has a 21-Inch cutting deck and comes with an 80 Volts lithium-ion battery that gives you 60 minutes of uninterrupted mowing on a full charge.
- It is featuring a one-touch start, a long-lasting steel-deck, and seven cutting height options that can be adjusted through a single-handed lever.
- It is super-quiet, environmentally friendly, however, with a high-powered torque that will get your job done fast.
- You can use its battery to charge other gardening products of Greenworks.
- As it is cordless. you don’t have to worry about gas change, maintenance, or tangled wires. Just start it with a push-button and mow down your lawn.
While you have to purchase the battery and charger one at a time (which makes it appreciably more expensive), this is an effective cordless garden mower with a number of advanced features, and easy storage capability, that provides tremendous overall cutting performance.
This is an amazing mower from Troy-Bilt, which presents the massive benefit of zero-turn without truly being a ride-on. It is all powered through a 420cc OHV engine with an effortless electric powered begin while supplying that all-important rear-wheel pressure with picks for up to 4 unique speeds giving you complete manipulate of the mow.
- It’s 11-Inch higher rear wheels helps you to push it easily on hilly or rough lawns.
- You can change its height to 6 different positions with its dual-lever.
- It accompanies a 1.9-bushel rear bag that collects enough of the grass clippings for one charge.
- It’s a front-wheel-drive and gives you variable speeds, faster turns, and better control.
Troy-Bilt has hit home or hillside run with their first-class lawn walk-behind mower. Its also powered by Honda’s auto choke engine that removes the manual choke adjustment need before a start. which has so a lot going for it is simply an actual disgrace the bagger is offered separately.
Honda is known in the world for its exceptional vehicles, but one thing that many of us don’t know is Honda also manufactures some of the first-class lawnmowers and other gardening machines. This auto-choke electric-powered model is no exception, with a rechargeable, cyclone battery that gives you a good run-time and will end the whole season.
- With a powerful, 170 CC powerful engine you can mow your lawn fastly, and its advanced technology gives you more power when you need it. (on rough terrains)
- It accompanies a twin blade system that gives you a fine cut, and chop off the thick clippings in less time while mulching.
- This mower comes with two height-adjustable levers, one for front wheels, and one for the rear wheels.
- Its rear-wheel-drive allows you better control and grip over it and assist you on uneven or hilly lawns.
You may want every other mower for high-quality trimming work; however, this little monster will get your yard carried out in no time and fewer efforts. This is one of the top-quality stuff from Honda, and you should just try it.
This 82-Volt Cordless mower by Snapper is powered by Briggs & Stratton that provides a powerful, reliable and durable battery power tools that deliver exceptional performance, and comes with two 2.0 Lithium-Ion batteries, which gives you the run time of more than 45 minutes. You also get a free rapid charger.
- The 21-inch deck gives you a good width so you can get the job done as fast as possible.
- It gives you the three different cutting options to cut your grass with ease, which includes mulch, side release, or bagging that is capable to carry 1.7 bushels of grass clippings.
- You also have the option to adjust its cutting height into seven different positions with a single handle lever.
Coming to our conclusion, This RWD, self-propelled lawn mower starts with a simple push-button, and comes with a fantastic bagging system, cutting height options, durable batteries, and can tackle hilly terrains easily. So if you’re looking for a lawnmower with a simple and cool design then it’s your best bet. And as it’s not a gas mower, you don’t have to worry about and gas, wires, or maintenance.
If you talk about our advice on best mowers for hillsides, then we would recommend you this outstanding mower by Cub Cadet. This ULTIMA ZT1 SERIES is built to give you the best possible mowing experience, with less human effort. It comes with a body made from a tubular steel frame that gives you strength and Durability. Overall, it gives you extremely good performance with its advanced and versatile technology.
- The 23 HP Kawasaki Engine that it comes with, gives a dependable startup and excessive ground speed.
- When you buy this mower, you get three years of warranty, which is fair enough.
Its Kohler engine that helps the mower runs 7.5 mph.
This mower is the best among all those shared above, perfect for big yards up-to 5-acres, comes with a powerful engine and all the advanced technologies that a zero turn mower should have.
Things you should look at when buying a lawn mower for hillsides:
Choosing a perfect mower with respect to your lawn size, its structure, and the grass type is very important. There are a few things that you should consider while buying a mower which we have mentioned in detail below.
Speed is the first element that you have to pay attention to when deciding on buying a garden mower for hills. If you have a lawn that is large enough in size, then you surely want to get your job done faster, and at that time you would be thinking to get a mower that has enough strength to speed up and chop off the grass faster. If you are working on a garden with few obstructions, you will favor getting a driving garden mower that can go faster.
Before you think of investing in any of the lawnmower, you have to look into your yard. Ideally, the best garden mower needs to be in a lawn where it meant to be. Therefore, you should test its turning radius as properly as its the front and rear wheels. You need to test how neatly the mower can slice off your grass. Now, you’d be thinking how would I check it when I haven’t already bought it. So for this, you have to check out all the features that it comes with, and then analyze whether it will fulfill your garden needs or not.
If your lawnmower is well-built, you can have confidence that it will be in a dominant position on all types of tough terrains, hillsides, or near ponds or fences. In this case, you must pick a lawnmower that has each the front and rear-drive, so you can have complete control and strong grip over the mower.
You have to purchase a mower that features an engine that has an oil filtering capability, and a cooling system. These points are integral in making sure that your mower lasts for extra time, and your engine doesn’t disappoint you, when it gets hot, after running for an hour or more.
A lawnmower must be easy to use for everyone. Therefore, you have to pay exclusive interest to matters including how easy the mower is to use, it should also be convenient for everyone in the house to assemble it, and use different cutting variants like bagging mulching, or discharge,
Comfort or Safety
Your lawn riding mower preference should also consider all the safety, and security purposes. Therefore, your chosen mower needs to have a rugged sitting smooth deck with protective belts to prevent any hazardous accidents. It should also have front headlights so that you can use it without any problem in low-light conditions.
Nobody desires to spend their hard-earned money to buy a new lawnmower without any insurance or warranty. Choose a lawn mower that comes with maintenance assurance, and at least 2-3 years of warranty. In this case, you need to look at the warranty cards and read all the terms and conditions, the company has started to claim it, before buying it. The longer the warranty period, the longer chances you get of saving extra money in the long run.
You should take a look at your finances before buying a lawnmower. Ideally, you must go for the exceptional lawnmower that suits your lawn, and you can get it in your budget. Don’t just get stressed out, and look for a premium quality mower with modern features. If you are on a low budget, you can still buy any self-propelled lawn mower under $300.
Final verdict for Best Mowers for Hillsides
Coming to the final verdict, as you have been through the list of top the best mowers for hillsides, where we have jotted down a list of some of the reliable and best-selling mowers for you to pick right now for your yard. But in the end, what mower you need to get, totally relies on what your requirements are. As we have mentioned that there are a lot of problems with the distributors and companies which may include bad customer support, lack of availability of spare parts for the maintenance, and the main thing which is service warranty.
One thing, that I would like to add in this article that there are different kinds of warranties, and just some are recommended for you. Don’t get confused! Make sure you study the whole manual, and the warranty books before making any decision We hope this article helped you in some way, and now you probably have shortlisted your preference of the best mower for your hillsides.
Evon Walker is a senior editor of mowersguide.com, also he is a freelance content marketer and content writer. A well-known guy, who loves to do something extra in his life so he started to write a book about how to become a successful digital marketer, you can check here for more details.